Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A weekend of notes in Damon’s Infinitely small world:



A weekend of notes in Damon’s Infinitely small world:

Friday Night –

Bump into Aron who use to live in my building at Café Madrid. Had some food and caught up a bit. Chelsea (his girlfriend) had a sculpture being displace at 21&Grand for art murmur. I was catching “Notorious” at the Paramount with ~8 people organized by Adam T.

Saturday-
Showing Nancy around SF and…

1)    See Adam T’s ex-girlfriend Jill at Union square while me and Nancy at the random items we bough in Oakland China town. I got the shortest hello of my life from Jill, who looking back was never super friendly towards me.
2)    Ran into Kristen from the JGI at Union Square…her son was in the choir that was performing that afternoon.
3)    At the SFMOMA I realize I hear a familiar voice and its Sharon who use to live in my building working behind the counter.
4)    Didn’t see someone I knew, but the kindness of strangers is also important. Nancy and I were walking by Davie’s Hall when the symphony was in intermission. I tried to buy tickets from the ticket booth at half price since it was half way over, but got stone walled by the clerk, so went outside and tried making friendly with people leaving. My first attempt completely failed since it was an old couple that had just turned off their hearing aids. Nancy just laughed as they gave me absolutely no response as if my presence did not exist. Luckily this calamity gathered the attention of tow middle aged intermission-leavers who gleefully gave us their 2nd row orchestra front and center tickets. Quite easily the best tickets I’ve ever had…close rival to the free box (entire) box seat that I once scored in college with a date, because we came in late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment