Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kiva. org (2009.02.23)



I first started looking into micro-lending about 1.5 years ago, but then got side tracked as my own financial investments went to the shitter with everyone else tied into the US market that was betting for the economy and not against it. I had almost forgot that I had put out a loan of only $25 to a woman named Cheng Dara in Cambodia that was raising capital for a motor-bike-taxi business in the town of Siem-Reap through the microlending site Kiva. I have to say looking at the past year this has been one of the only places I've put money that it has held its value. On top of it there is the knowledge of how the money is being used and that someone is benefiting from what appears on my end of the deal to not be much investment at all. If you've ever wondered how as little as $25 can help change someone else's life, you should check out Kiva.org


Kiva - loans that change lives


http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=29488

No comments:

Post a Comment