Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vacaville Boulders blender my finger (2008.03.29)

Tony, Adam, Betsy, the bitch (Pao) and What-a-Mess were kind enough to let me catch a ride with them out to the Vacaville open space. Since my left thumb is messed up, I mainly hiked around and took a few snap shots...and managed to give myself a good cut via a clumbsy hold on a rock. At first I though Pao was bleeding since I first noticed the blood when I grabbed her by the colar. It was only after I realized the blood pulsing out of my finger was the source of the red spots in Pao’s fur, my pants, and the ground did I realize I had cut myself.

The weather was amazing. The little ridge of hills we monkied around on appears to be the last stand of hills before the great central valley. From ontop of the hills you could see all the way to the Sierras on a clear day...it was a little hazy so we didn’t see that far, but could see the Yuba Buttes.
Here are some pics of the trip:

Vacaville Open Space looking north:


Tony on a Rock:


Adam on 40z Rock:


My finger after removing the mess of new-skin and tape Adam and Tony helped me make...thankfully. The sucker finally stopped bleeding in the middle of the night. I was worried I might actually have to go to a...ah...ah medical person.

No comments:

Post a Comment