Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oakland Art and Soul 2008 (2008.09.04)

Made it out to Oakland Art and Soul Festival....ok yes its four blocks from my house, its almost like not making it out.

As with any Oakland event, I learned a little more about Oakland. Here are the 2 key pieces from this weekend.

1) Oakland PD has nice rims:


2) The O-Town is also a hot bed for lesbians. I ran into one of my friends from high school who is now living in Oakland and working in the city. When the folks at work found out she was from Oakland they assumed that she was gay. For whatever reason I had never come across this stereotype before, but after talking with some East Bayers this appears to be common knowledge. SF has the Castro. Oakland had Lake Merritt. Just for verifiable proof the Indigo Girls played Art and Soul and yes I was in the minority, but who cares they are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment