Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Weekend in Images and little captions (2008.02.11)

Friday - Mortified @ the Make Out Room in SF ...okay performance of people reading the funny things you write about your love life in junior high and high school (sorry no pictures)

In front of the art studio down the street there was clay being tossed. Anyone who knows me knows I hate to see useful things go to waste so I made a few phalluses for the street and for balance I made a few hearts. I figure it was a bit of Yin-Yang for the street. Phalluses were well hidden (just as lust is often attempted to be hidden) and hearts displayed in the open (as we usually attempt to show the pretty side of the love/lust paradox). Nothing like guerilla art in oakland. The best thing is people can easily decide to get rid of the art or keep th art, unlike spray paint. Now the question is who will out last the other? The phallus (lust) or the heart (love)?


Saturday:

Oakland Columbarium - proving once again that dead people get to stay in really cool places. Its one of my favorite place in Oakland...its like a labrynth inside. I've actually been lost in there before. I've also easily put in 4 hours wandering around. Me and Erika did sometime wandering on saturday. All those books you see on the shelves contain peoples ashes.




Ugly Sweater Party:
Need I say more?


No really at one time this sweater was mass produced and ah...it was in my lifetime.


Sunday:

Thai breakfast at the Buddhist Temple in Berkeley with some of my neighbors...best Mango sticky rice around:


Mt Diablo hike with Adam out to the Falls. Regency Drive entrance from clayton into Irish Canyon. We did some climbing and some exploring and found at least a few falls that aren't on any of the tourists maps. Some how I've managed to not get poison oak yet.




I'm slightly suprised neither Adam or I fell and broke something getting to the top of this falls just before sun down. Hiked out the last 3 miles in the dark, lit only by the sliver of the moon.


topped off sunday with Rachael filling me in on all of the antique glass world that I know nothing about. She had her latest gathering from florida out for "display." Also got to have a little bit of the Eucalyptus liqour I distilled a few weeks ago...its a little hard on the senses if its not cold. 80% ethanol with eucalyptus definitely needs an ice cube

No comments:

Post a Comment