Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mt Diablo Challenge and Wildflowers (2007.05.23)

So I'm a little late on getting these posts up since they happened a week ago, but oh well.

Arshi did the Mt Diablo Challenge on Saturday May 19. The Mt Diablo Challenge is a contractual agreement me and Arshi have (written a clear plate seal posted high up in our laboratory where she can't reach it, but is reminded of it daily) that states if she is able to climb Mt. Diablo from Mitchell Canyon to the top in 3.5 hours I will cut my hair to normal or at least somewhat normal standards. If she does not complete the challenge she has to go without makeup for a month. I can't believe she agreed to the who contract to start with, because with the terms as written its a win win situation for me. She either gets in better shape and completes it in 3.5 hours (win) or she goes without make up for a month (win). Did I mention I also want to cut my hair, because its finally long enough to donate...so even if she wins I win again.

We got an early start before things got to hot on the mountain and....................................Arshi's not going to be wearing makeup for a month. She clocked in at 3:46.

Along the way I saw Mt. Diablo Globe lilies, which I've never seen in my life. They are a rare lily that only grows on Mt. Diablo and no place else in the world. I returned Wed night to gather a couple shots of the wildflowers and they are below:



the number one reason to do a tick check after every hike




Virgin's Bower



chinese houses



The rare Mt.Diablo Globe Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment