Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Book Review: The Tipping Point



The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big DifferenceThe Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell


 

My review


  rating: 3 of 5 stars
Don't get me wrong I think this book is interesting and has some good general concepts brooding between in bindings, but I think I fell prey to too many people suggesting that I should read it. Distilled down this is a book about epidemics and how they start and spread. When I say epidemic though I mean not just in the biological sense, but in the conceptual "meme" way that Dawkins would talk about...some how the author missed reading Dawkins and missed a few classes in general logic and well gap filling. Malcolm Gladwell brings together some interesting topics, historical examples and research papers, but I feel he fails to go further than their summaries.
 

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment