Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Update on bicycle theft (2008.08..04)

So another bike (not mine) got lifted from my work this weekend. Someone cut through the U-lock and stole an Specialized Allez road bike. Its grey with salmon colored features.

I talked with the WCPD detective this morning and he's now convinced almost 100% that the guy selling my bike on CL wasn't the guy who stole it. I guess the CL seller just brought in my rims! So I'm going to take off the rims and parts he put on my bike and return them to him. I'll also apologize for any disturbances this may have caused him.

The CL seller brought in info on the fellow he bought my bike from at the flea market and when WCPD ran the plates they found the big white van that seems to be selling stolen bikes is also a stolen piece of transportation.

I'm glad to see WCPD following through on this case. I would really like to disrupt whatever sort of operation is going on out here, because having your tansportation stolen sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment