Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Comet 17P/Holmes blowing up overhead (2007.11.20)

for those of you amazed with my lunar eclipse photography, prepare to be disappointed:



If you get outside in the next couple of days and train your eyes through some binoculours or other glass aparatus on the middle of Perseus (Overhead in a North Easternly fashion around 10pm) you can see the exploded comet 17P/Holmes. It will look kind of like a bright smudge on your lens as depicted above.

Since its dark as night out in the middle of the night I found that I couldn't see through my lens, so ever so patiently Tony with a monocular spotted the sucker as we stood atop Pinehurst Road and then I spent another 15 minutes trying to zoom my lens in the right direction and actually pick up an image. The dogs (What-a-Mess and Pao) at least got to run around while the two humans starred off into the sky...crazy humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment